Summit Community Services Society
EARLY CHILD EDUCATOR/ASSISTANT
FIRST STEPS DAYCARE
Qualifications: Early Childhood Education/Assistant
Certification: First Aid Certificate, Food Safe Certificate
JOB TYPE: PART-TIME
1.Plan, carry out and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children.
2.Conduct assessments of children and develop individualized or a group curriculum based on children's special needs.
3.Initiate referrals to other appropriate services.
4.Provide reports on the progress of the children.
5.Maintain open and positive communication with parents.
6. Act as an advocate for the parents and provide support while parents are in the program.
7. Provide support for the parents leaving the program when appropriate.
8. Be able to follow Licensing requirements.
9. Be able to maintain confidentiality.
10.Be able to administer First Aid when required.
Resumes may be sent via email or in person to First Steps Daycare, Attention: Dana Blake, 70 Mark Street, Kimberley, BC V1A 2B8
Phone No. 250 427 3876 or email
DAYCARE STAFF FOR KIMBERLEY AND CRANBROOK
Early Childhood Educator/Assistant
Job Type: PART-TIME
1. ECE/IT, ECE or ECE Assistant.
2. Childcare First Aid Certificate.
3. Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
1. Plan, carry out and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children aged 30 months - 5 years.
2. To encourage independence and growth in all areas of the children's social, emotional and physical development.
3. Be able to work in collaboration with co-educators.
4. Maintain open , respectful and positive communication with co-educators, parents and family members.
5. Follow and uphold all Licensing regulations and confidentiality guidelines.
6. Maintain an organized and welcoming environment.
7. Carry out regular daily cleaning and sanitizing duties.
Resumes with references may be submitted by, mail, phone message or email to:
100-125 10th Ave S Cranbrook BC, V1C 2N1
Telephone Number: 250 489 3114 or email at
ATTN: Executive Director